My plays are going very well. My new full length, "Somewhere in Between" is receiving its first production in February 2010. Contracts are signed and the artistic director is thrilled to have me on board to help steer the ship. I have no doubt that with my suggestions and his passionate insight, this play will go somewhere I never dreamed it would.
On a similar note... a fellow Oswego alumni and friend of mine, Trevor Franklin has ambitiously decided to mount my earlier play, "Reach", for the inaugural production of a company he and I are forming. The idea is that all the plays we produce will adhere to some sort of charity or specific issue. For those who are familiar with my play, "Reach", you know that it deals with the economic disaster that plagues New Orleans and the lack of mental health care for those devastated by Hurricane Katrina. We are in the process of finding specific groups that help fund the victims of Katrina, and portions of the ticket sales will go directly to them.
I feel honored that Trevor wants to take this on with my words. I'm also gracious that the other company, "Collaborative Stages" is breathing life in to a play I was never quite satisfied with. But with their insight and after a SOLD OUT staged reading, we have no doubt that it will ring strong and powerful to an audience very soon, and it gives me hope that among many many other playwrights in New York City, that I have a unique vision and something to say. The future looks bright, and I'm elated to have so much support and creative people around me to push forward.
This blog post was a little self indulgent... but then again... isn't that what a blog usually consists of? My future posts will include updates about my plays, but will also include many of my ramblings, beliefs, and occurrences of the day. I hope you join me, and find some entertainment and connection to my life that I would love to share with all of you.
Sprague

( SOLD OUT staged reading of my play, "Somewhere in Between"
at the Atlantic Theatre Company, NYC)
at the Atlantic Theatre Company, NYC)

2 comments:
Nice to see your enjoying many successes.
yeah seriously, I am excited to see this up. Looking forward to some more updates!
Post a Comment